By law hearing protection equipment (HPE) is required in any workplace environment where the average noise exposure is over 85dB (A). Health and Safety officers, from April 2019, must also make sure that the hearing protection equipment used by employees comply with the Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
Specialising in professional custom-made hearing protection and communication solutions since 1994, ACS New Zealand has become the standard for industrial applications worldwide. ACS New Zealand ear protection for industry conform to Australian and New Zealand Standards: AS/NZS 1270:2002 (incl. Class 5) Acoustic-Hearing Protectors, Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Regulation (EU) 2016/425 and European Standard for Earplug Hearing Protectors BS EN352-2.
The ACS PRO Series earplugs are suitable for a wide range of environments providing custom fit comfort and guaranteed levels of safe protection.
To discover your exposure time with and without hearing protection see our Safe Exposure Calculator.
There are a range of ACS PRO filters that provide different levels of attenuation to ensure the correct sound reduction is achieved in any environment. They reduce the sound to safe levels without causing muffling, so the wearer can still communicate safely, hear warnings and alarms. There is no need to take the ear plugs out during the day at all, so the wearer is constantly protected.
ACS also offer a range of custom fit in-ear communication products to combine hearing protection with the ability to stay in touch in noisy environments.
- We are an NZ registered company with a lab in New Zealand utilising the latest 3D technology
- We have a range of high-fidelity attenuating filters to suit every noisy environment
- We are certified to: Australian and New Zealand Standards: AS/NZS 1270:2002 (incl. Class 5) Acoustic-Hearing Protectors, Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Regulation (EU) 2016/425, European Standard for Earplug Hearing Protectors BS EN352-2, BS EN, 352-6 and conform with Directive 89/686/EEC
- We use soft medical grade hypo-allergenic silicone
- We have a wide range of colour options
- We care passionately about safeguarding one of our most important senses
- ACS New Zealand provide a wide range of colours, earplug ‘grips’ to aid insertion and removal, neck cords and laser etching to imprint user’s name or serial numbers for easy identification.
ACS PRO Series earplugs also offer the cost and environmental benefit of being re-usable – while one or more pairs of disposable plugs maybe discarded every day, one pair of ACS earplugs can last for years. Click on our Cost Calculator to see how much you could be saving with ACS hearing protectors.
For more guidance and to find the right product for your industrial environment please click on the product pages for more detailed information and technical specifications.
For a quotation, further information or to discuss your requirements in confidence please contact us via email.